Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: Enough of this...

Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 02:32:27 -0600
Subject: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> On Wed, 13 May 1998, John Atkinson wrote:
>
> > Define overreact in the context of a couple hundred nutcases,
probably
> > on drugs, throwing rocks, molotovs, and covering the fire of a
couple
> > dozen guys with AKs.  My perspective is that it's better to live
with
> > having waxed a couple of idiots who are too stupid to live anyway
> > (defined as anyone who thinks a riot with live ammo is a spectator
> > sport) than to cease living.
>
> That's only a viewpoint away from enraged free men whose only weapons
> against oppression are bricks, molotovs and a couple of guns...

	It's not the guys throwing the bricks and molotovs and shooting
the
guns that you should to worry about...	the motivation is what you
should watch out for.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

     "One quality of life I've pursued with absolute consistency is the
liberty to do whatever the hell I want.  I was always willing to die for
that liberty and now your saying that's what I've got to do?  Well I was
prepared for it all along--now gimme back my goddamned cigar!"

				     --Emerson Ngu
				     from "Pallas" by L. Neil Smith

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: Enough of this...