Prev: computer games Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?

Re: Background of Nations

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 00:10:46 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Background of Nations

You wrote:

>Too true.  I think that while this may be seen as some (NOT me) as a
cop-out >for not wanting to come up with innovative, 'futuristic'
political bodies, I >like it, because it has the familiar ring of the

IMHO, it's the only realistic thing.

I mean, France has been around for a few hundred years, and it's really
the baby of the major powers listed.  Germans have been around since. .
. Arminius?  Whenever.	The  Chinese have a culture thousands of years
old.  Only Americans could imagine a culture completely changing in a
mere 200 years, and that's just because we've only been around since
1607.

>an interesting idea to bring the big English-speaking nations under
one roof >(no offense, Australia).  I also like the ESU - China

Churchill did an alternate history involving that.  South wins Civil
War, and eventually an English-speaking alliance results.  Seriously, I
think US-Canadian amalgamation is probable, a US-UK odd, but imaginable
under the right circumstances.

>and interesting to play the Bad Guys - especially if we get to use
Maoist >Rhetoric(TM)!

The Indomitable Will of the People shall prevail!

John M. Atkinson

Prev: computer games Next: Re: Full Thrust discussion, anyone?