Prev: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Large Downloads

delays mailing to the list RE: Full Steam (Large binaries)

From: "Andy Skinner" <askinner@a...>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:55:52 -0400
Subject: delays mailing to the list RE: Full Steam (Large binaries)

This brings up a question I've had.  When I email to the list, the
message
doesn't show up until hours later.  It may be that Neil saw that the
files
were protected before he heard requests to not send big files, sent
them,
and then got those messages.  In a little while, we'll get the "Doh!"
messages where Neil wishes he hadn't resent them, the messages
castigating
him for sending them again, and then this one.

Do other people see this delay?  I wonder if this causes more traffic,
because of people responding to something they haven't seen answered
yet.
Then all the various responses, mailed earlier, start showing up later.

My whole family played Full Thrust last night.	I gave each two
simplified
cruisers (Micromachines ships), and we played on the living room floor.
My
wife got the hang of it quickly (she has played before), my son (5 years
old) was into it but needed help (he always wanted to dash off somewhere
and
then turn around), and my daughter (3) was completely clueless, but had
fun
rolling dice.  (We hate to leave her out of things, but she can slow
down a
game a lot.)

andy