Prev: RE: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Re: Big Guns, Bigger Guns

From: "J. Scott Miller" <smiller@i...>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:25:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Big Guns, Bigger Guns

John Bennett wrote:

> I have just started writing on the newsgroup. Does anyone ever use the
> Nova Cannon. The only use I can find is for wrecking orbitals etc as a
> canny player always seems to escape them. Anyone in the SW Lonkon area
> interested in a campaign I am starting please reply!

I happen to like the Nova and Wave Gun, but it takes a relatively big
fleet to make them worthwhile.	Remember that the Nova doesn't have to
hit to be useful.  Fire a couple at one flank of his formation and he
has to move his ships closer together, setting up missles or a 2nd Nova
salvo.	Fire at the center of the formation and he has to split,
allowing your other ships to defeat him in detail.  And there's nothing
like a good Wave Gun salvo to take out those pesky fighters that are
about to close. 8)

Hope this helps,
Scott

Prev: RE: bayonettes are too a useful device Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device