Prev: New MAATAC miniatures by Superior Models are now available Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device

Re: Wire Obstacles

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 21:09:14 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Wire Obstacles

You wrote:

>To make a point: One does not even need to step on a mine to have
>one's mobility impaired. If one sees an area that looks like it might
>be mined (with minefield signs posted), one must avoid it or try to
>sweep it, as the minefield might well be real. A friend used this to
>great effect defending a town when he didn't have enough mines to
>defend it all....

Depends--I'm willing to take a bit of a risk unless it looks real
convincing.  Of course, that comes of long hours practicing the whole
sordid mess in MILES.  I've yet to get across even a short minefield
without that MILES making that damned beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.[1]
You take less casualties rushing it than you do trying to breach under
fire.

>Hmmm. I'm not sure the Tsars of Russia would agree. There are home

Dunno.	Didn't the Germans kinda encourage Lenin to make trouble?
Those firearms the Bolshies came up with didn't come from nowhere.

John M. Atkinson

[1] For those who never did MILES, it's the military version of laser
tag, with a laser emitter over weapons which 'shoot' whenever you fire
a blank.  A short beep is a near-miss, and a long, loud beeeeeeep means
time for a toe tag.  It is quite possibly the most annoying noise known
to mankind.

Prev: New MAATAC miniatures by Superior Models are now available Next: Re: bayonettes are too a useful device