Prev: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Salaiva City !

Re: Stargrunt/Dirtside

From: Brendan <denian@s...>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 15:24:58 -0700
Subject: Re: Stargrunt/Dirtside

John Atkinson wrote:
> APFCs--how would I represent these in Stargrunt?
Increase the stargrunt armour by 1 vs missiles & IAVR (armour 1 becomes
armour 2)
This also works for Ablative armour vs lasers.

> APSWs--don't appear to have an equivelant in Stargrunt.  All the
> Stargrunt machine guns are one-man affairs, LMGs.  Or is an APSW team
> team armed with 4xSAWs?  What happened to crew-served support weapons
> short of light AT guns (RFAC/1)?
The APSW teams is the SG machine gunners, you work it by combining 1-2
standard infantry bases with the APSW base, this gives a SG squad of 10
men.
All the other weapons smaller than towed guns or GMS/L are taken into
account as part of the infantry firefight & infantry close assault rules
(6" in DS is about equivalent to 40-50" in SG)

.
> . I'm torn between a 1 or 2 chit GMS/L or 1 GMS/P=Dirtside IAVRs.
> Whatever.  Comments?
The stargrunt GMS/P would probably convert to an IAVR is DS, due to the
range classifications.	The only real difference is the SG GMS/P carries
multiple rounds, whereas DS presumes the infantry have an unlimited
supply of ammo (they've got boxes of ammo with them if in a fixed
position, or resupply from their transports.)

'Neath Southern Skies

Prev: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Salaiva City !