Prev: Re: MicroMachines Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Re: Lifepods

Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 11:23:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

I realize it seems strange, but the total is figured at sale time, and
can
vary by a penny or so per item between figured per item and by total.
Why
we call it 'sales' tax...

Add on the fact that it varies, not only by state, but occasionally has
city tax on top( I forget how much of the 6.5% I pay is Nebraska, how
much
is Lincoln) and you can understand why it would be difficult to run it
another way.

Sorry, this is even more off topic than the discussion of micromachines
itself, but maybe someone can come up with a political angle for
campaigns
comparing and contrasting the relative sovereignty of nation state
sub-units. (States vs provinces vs prefects vs....) Oh, nevermind. Yes,
Jon. Heading for that corner again.

The_Beast

Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@swob.dna.fi> on 05/11/98 06:46:47 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> Yup! All the"small" MM packs are 4.99 UK pounds over here, unless they
are
> deleted stuff on special clearance (picked up some Aliens and Predator
> packs last year for 2.99 each). On most US import stuff, the UK price
tends
> to be about the same number as the US price with the dollar sign
replaced
> by a pound sign - that is what shipping costs, import duties etc. do
> price.
Don't forget VAT. Not only is it higher in Europe (I believe UK is 17%
vs.
US 5-8% depending on state), but the yanks have a strange tradition of
displaying prices exclusive of taxes.
--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: MicroMachines Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs Next: Re: Lifepods