Prev: Re: Full Steam Next: Re: Nations and their size. Long.

Re: Full Steam

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 00:21:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Full Steam

On Fri, 08 May 98 16:28:07 -0600, dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com wrote:

> Hmmmm.  BTRC has their starship combat game 'Slag!' availible in both
printed
> and electronic forms.  The printed version is inexpensive at US$8 and
the pdf
> version is only US$5 (http://www.hyperbooks.com/slag.html)

BTRC do all there stuff in both formats, if I'm not mistaken. I picked
up the
second edition of Guns! Guns! Guns! in PDF format. I was able to buy it
from
Terry Austin's Hyperbooks. I sent an e-mail with credit info, he sent me
return e-mail, I downloaded the book that night and printed it off at
work the
next day. They also sell it in book form, but the PDF version came with
some
Excel spreadsheets to do all the calculations.

I like the idea of having both formats. The A5 format would be great for
cons
and as a small set through distributors. However, the PDF version is
almost
pure profit for the writer.

Oh, and as a Space 1889/Sky Galleons of Mars fan who dabbles in the
Russo-Japanese war, I think this is a great idea. Any chance of a
miniatures
line? The market is small because there aren't a lot of Victorian SF
models
around.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: Full Steam Next: Re: Nations and their size. Long.