Prev: Re: [Kind of off topic]VOTOMS Models? Next: Re: Miniature review: what do you want.

Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 21:05:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

> On Thu, 7 May 1998 08:09:21 +0000, Ground Zero Games writes:
>	  I love this idea!
>	  I would want to see a game edging more toward Victorian Sci-Fi
> than anything else.  Also victorian rules for SGII and DSII. (Replay
of
> "The War of the Worlds" anyone?  BTW, the humans are armed with Edison
> Electric Rifles and their calvelry is mounted on Ford Steam Steeds
just
> like the ones Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders used--or didn't use--to
> charge up Kettle... errr San Jaun Hill!)

	I did enjoy the steampunk in the SPACE 1889 RPG; with
	Edison's "Ether Flyer", the Martian Congo, British
	explorers in pith helmets and jodhpurs, native Martian
	aerial boats fighting tiny armored British flying gunboats,
	very cool!

	I also remember reading a circa 1900 SF story about
	Thomas Edison leading a retaliatory strike back to
	Mars.  It was re-printed serialized in the old Perry Rhodan
	books (brought to America by 4SJ Ackerman).

--
  /_\	WINCHELL CHUNG	 Nyrath the nearly wise at the Praeternatural
Tower

Prev: Re: [Kind of off topic]VOTOMS Models? Next: Re: Miniature review: what do you want.