Prev: Re: [Kind of off topic]VOTOMS Models? Next: Re: Scatter-thingies vs. missles

Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

From: Steven Sigety <SSIGETY@r...>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 15:56:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] 10mm,15mm,20mm minis & VOTOMs

>>> Kevin Shope <kevin@starlink.com> 05/07/98 02:22pm >>>
>Does everyone use 25mm scale for SG2? After playing a
>couple of games, I think 15mm would work very well.

15mm is a great scale for sci-fi.  There are so many
items that you could use: HO scale models, especially
Roco Minitanks, Heavy Gears, 25mm monster miniatures
for giant alien creatures, Exo-Squad Robotech toys....

>I have heard of PeterPig and Freikorps but I believe they are far
>from complete and are a little difficult to get in the
>US. Does anyone know of a site that has pics of any 15mm
>sci-fi? I thought that GZG made 15mm minis? There is a
>picture in the SG2 book that has 2 15mm minis next to 3
>25mms...?

Brookhurst Hobbies in California distributes Peter Pig, and
Outland Games in Ohio has Freikorps minis. The Freikorps
figures that I have look like Colonial Marines and Aliens, but
they are a bit chunky.	I would be very interested in 15mm's
from GZG...

> I also have the Hobby Japan Votoms special and
>the playstation games and etc...

Have you played Armored Core?  (sorry, off-topic...)

>The 1/60th scale models by WAVE are cool and are about the
>same size as RAFMs HG minis. You can get them from
>Hobbylink Japan and a guy named "probe" in Tucson... If you
>want I can dig up the URL for HLJ and probes e-mail address.
>
>Kevin

You might also want to try http://www.hobbyweb.com and
look under Wave or Sci-Fi.  Last time I checked they were around
$8 each.

--Steve

Prev: Re: [Kind of off topic]VOTOMS Models? Next: Re: Scatter-thingies vs. missles