Prev: Re: FB - Armour in ship design system Next: Re: Nations and their size. Long.

Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 23:45:21 GMT
Subject: Re: Full Steam?(was Re: A Humble..)

On Wed, 6 May 1998 15:20:36 -0600 (MDT), Binhan Lin
<Binhan.Lin@UCHSC.edu>
wrote:

>Actually it should be named Flank Speed since it covers WWII.	I
believe
>Allan tried it with WWI or Pre-WWI ships and it didn't work too well
with
>that.

I've been revisiting this a little bit. I have been redoing my
Predreadnought
stats for General Quarters and got thinking about Flank Speed/Full
Steam. I
came up with a way of varying the weapon damage for different sized guns
within a class. I also came up with some ideas for incorporating the
rules in
the Fleet Book. It makes a wet navy version of FT much more feasible,
mostly
by making it harder for a ship to hit it's target. Here's a hint: why
use D6s?

Contact me by e-mail and I'll layout what I'm thinking. It will
definitely be
beer-and-pretzels compared even to General Quarters, but finishing the
Battle
of Tsushima in under 3 hours has some appeal.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: FB - Armour in ship design system Next: Re: Nations and their size. Long.