Prev: Re: WHOA! RE: A Humble Request, RE: GZG Online... Next: Re: Lunar combat (was: Re: [OT] Moon Dragon Review?)

Re: Fw: Minature Review (B5W, Ca also be used used w/ EFSB)

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:34:03 -0600
Subject: Re: Fw: Minature Review (B5W, Ca also be used used w/ EFSB)

Scott B. Jaqua wrote:

> The Centauri heavy cruiser is another large heavy mini that requires
> two stands to support it. It is about two inches wide and 3.5 inches
> long counting the tail boom. The primary hull comes in two parts
> separated down the center the length of the ship. There are also a
> number of small parts for the tail, guns and fins. The fit of the
> pieces is much better then the prior release (the Narn heavy cruiser).
> The level of detail is very high. There is very little in the way  of
> flash or mold marks. The center joint will require some work to insure
> a clean line down the center of the ship. This model will make a fine
> center piece for a Centauri fleet.

	I saw one of these last night during a B5Ws session.  Cherry
mini!  The
only grip I had was about the turrets.	Not that they were bad.  It's
just that I wished that they had made turrets of that quality for the
Omega!

> The Narn assault cruiser is a medium size mini for this line. It sits
> on a single stand and is about 2.75 inches long. The level of detail
> is ok, but given how little this ship is seen on screen, it is
> understandable that there is not more detail. The fit of the pieces is
> the best of any mini in this line. There is very little in the way of
> flash or mold marks on this mini. Very little work need to be done for
> assembly. Now, if someone could come up with a painting guide, because
> stills of this ship are hard to come by.

	If your really devious or just don't care for B5 ship figs.
Take the
T'Loth and throw out the middle section (or throw it in your bits box).
Know base the to remaing sections (after gluing on the engines) and...
TA DA!	You've got TWO DN sized ships! Not a very original idea... I
heard it on this list for the T'Loth Micromachine.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

     "One quality of life I've pursued with absolute consistency is the
liberty to do whatever the hell I want.  I was always willing to die for
that liberty and now your saying that's what I've got to do?  Well I was
prepared for it all along--now gimme back my goddamned cigar!"

				     --Emerson Ngu
				     from "Pallas" by L. Neil Smith

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: Re: WHOA! RE: A Humble Request, RE: GZG Online... Next: Re: Lunar combat (was: Re: [OT] Moon Dragon Review?)