Prev: Re: NAC/Japanese relations (was: Re: Anti-US bullshit...) Next: RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of

RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 19:06:57 +0000
Subject: RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of

>You wrote:
>
>>Though such musings are certainly an interesting discussion point,
>they are  >moot >once BDS actually gets published. However they may
>
>What's BDS?
>
>>at GZG to flow. In this respect I would ask the Sa'vasku to become
>shadow like  >ancient >and deadly, and more feared than the Kra'Vak.
>
>Been done.  Let's make them really wimps who want everyone to think
>they are ancient and deadly and more feared than the Kra'Vak.
>
>(I really want to make a joke about France here, but that would a bit
>out of line.)
>
>I dunno.  I'm sick of the media-based SF trend.  Either aliens are
>pathetically weak, or so immensley deadly that we need the help of
>semi-mythical demigods to prevail.  Yippee. . . How about aliens that
>do alien things for alien motives which make sense to them?  And have
>simillar overall ability to humans, but in different ways?

This is quite likely the way the SV will go; so different from humanity
that we can't even begin to comprehend their motivations. It won't be
easy
to do, but we'll try. I always liked the two chlorine-breather (IIRC)
races
in Cherryh's "Chanur" series, who did things that no other race could
figure out......

>The Sa'vasku (do all aliens have a ' in thier names?) seem to be an
>interesting species.  A lot will depend on how GZG chooses to 'point'
>them.
>
>John M. Atkinson

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: NAC/Japanese relations (was: Re: Anti-US bullshit...) Next: RE: Kra'Vak, inclinations of