Prev: Re: Obstacles, Part 3 Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 3

RE: Obstacles, Part 3

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 19:57:02 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 3

You wrote:

>It is not ineffective, It would cost a lot in men (not to mention the
>exposure to fire) but it is doable.  Whether by jumping on it pulling

Have you ever done it yourself?  I'm saying that if the coils are
secured to the pickets and eachother properly, throwing a 200lb weight
on them shouldn't make a usable gap.

on >it with chains, firing a Carl Gustav round (not sure what the

Don't pull on it with chains.  It's not worth the time.  There are
these inventions called pickets, that get pounded into the ground.  You
secure the wire to these 'pickets' and they don't go anywhere unless
you blow them up.

Americans >use, but I know they have better) I'd even use some M72
rounds for good >measure.  My point is that the nice text book wire obs

You'd be surprised.  I wish we had a Carl Gustav.  It's the AT4 and the
Dragon, nothing in between.  And the AT4 (aka M136, IIRC.  No one calls
it that) is basically a one-shot Carl Gustav.  Feh.

isn't going to >stay pristine for ever and that, with or without the
help of engineers >it is passable.

OK, how would you rewrite the breaching wire rules?

>I've made the wire obstacle you are talking about an it ain't
>unstoppable.  You should join the infantry see what you can do without
>fancy explosives.

I can't be an infantryman, I passed the ASVAB[1][2].  Seriously, while
it's not unstoppable, it will delay you for a couple of minutes, which
is all it's designed to do.  Which is all my rules let it do, unless
I'm mistaken.

John M. Atkinson

[1]Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.	Entrance exam for the
service in US.
[2]I do respect and like infantrymen, but I have to make fun of them or
they throw me out of the Regimental Association.  :)

Prev: Re: Obstacles, Part 3 Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 3