Prev: Re: Li Han? Next: Re: [OT] Moon Dragon Review?

RE: Obstacles, Part 3

From: John Skelly <canjns@c...>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 15:39:42 -0400
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 3

It is not ineffective, It would cost a lot in men (not to mention the
exposure to fire) but it is doable.  Whether by jumping on it pulling on
it with chains, firing a Carl Gustav round (not sure what the Americans
use, but I know they have better) I'd even use some M72 rounds for good
measure.  My point is that the nice text book wire obs isn't going to
stay pristine for ever and that, with or without the help of engineers
it is passable.

I've made the wire obstacle you are talking about an it ain't
unstoppable.  You should join the infantry see what you can do without
fancy explosives.