Prev: RE: Obstacles, Part 3 Next: Re: Li Han?

RE: Obstacles, Part 3

From: John Skelly <canjns@c...>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 15:31:23 -0400
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 3

I'm going to say quite a bit.

Infantry spend quite a bit of time working on the clearing of wire
obstacles and the setting of them.  Maybe you are thinking of American
Infantry, if you are I apologize as I don't know what training they do
so I may be arguing apples and oranges.  I agree that we don't train at
the same percentage as engineers but we do train.

Infantry don't carry bangalores nor high explosives.  We do carry Rocket
launchers and often have engineer or pioneer dets attached to us.  Heck,
we sometimes have big tanks beside us.	Oh, ya we even have wire
cutters.  My point was that Infantry do work with and against wire so if
a wire obstacle was found they wouldn't just say 'oh no, let's get the
engineers' they would work around it.

Over all I agreed with your post, I just had some points on it.  From
your reply maybe I worded it wrong.