Prev: Re: Historical Basis for FT/DS/SG Forces (was Re: SV: X to GZG conversions) Next: Re: Police Grav vans

Re: Police Grav vans

From: NVDoyle <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 22:38:15 EDT
Subject: Re: Police Grav vans

J. Atkinson writes:
>Not quite Traveller-style grav, since the FT universe has indeed given>
>Mr. Newton the boot and thrown out that law about equal and opposite
>reactions--IOW Reactionless Drives.  The only _good_ Traveller was the
>one where such stuff was non-Canon.  *Flees before MT&CT dinosaurs, or
>God Forbid, T4-loosers, stone me*

Sorry, I was referring to the 'Thruster Plate" style Trav.  Seems
closest to
FT.  But I do sense a fellow TNE enthusiast - or am I misinterpreting?
It was
the 'thinking being's SFRPG'.

Anyway, I have played DS2 with both traditional grav (LiteGrav - a
really good
hover) and TravGrav (reactionless flight & hover).  LiteGrav is a
marginal
increase; TravGrav is a exponential change.  Try it and see why TravGrav
is
the Wave of the Future!

Noah V'. Doyle

Prev: Re: Historical Basis for FT/DS/SG Forces (was Re: SV: X to GZG conversions) Next: Re: Police Grav vans