Prev: Re: FSE Ship Name Conventions Next: Re: Police Grav vans

Re: Confusion on Fighter costs

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 17:01:55 -0700
Subject: Re: Confusion on Fighter costs

McClure, Kent wrote:

> This may seem very basic, but after looking through the FT and MT
rules, a
> couple of the different ship building spreadsheets, and a FT Build
Reference
> spreadsheet, I have some confusion over the mass of various fighters.
> know that the basic fighter mass in FT (including the bay) is 3.  The
FT
> Quick Ship Design Reference Sheet agrees with this.  This sheet also
goes on
> to give the masses for a variety of different fighter types, ranging
from 3
> to a max of 8.  This reference sheet also gives the squadron costs
also.
> The problem I have is when I compare these costs to those listed in
the
> following shipbuilding spreadsheets: thrust.xls, FT_BLD and FT_BLD_5.
In
> the calculations for the total mass for the fighters, they use the set
value
> of 6xnumber of fighters.  What is the generally accepted mass values
for
> fighters?
>		  Kent McClure
> Current fleet in progress:  a non-FTL fleet based on Flash Gordon
style
> ships.

Kent,
     Six mass and 20 points is the basic fighter cost in FT.
Additional fighter types are in FT/MT, at various costs.
Anything not from FT/MT should be considered as a house rule
or expermental in nature.

This is only one of many communications you will receive on this
subject.

     If near Sunnyvale, Ca. and wish to have a face to face
contact for games of FT.
     Contact me at:   realjtl@sj.bigger.net

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: FSE Ship Name Conventions Next: Re: Police Grav vans