Prev: Re: Confusion on Fighter costs Next: Re: FSE Ship Name Conventions

SV: FSE Ship Name Conventions

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 01:42:27 +0200
Subject: SV: FSE Ship Name Conventions

Sean B. Shoonmaker wrote:

> I'm about to name a bunch of ships, and I just want to see if I've got
> this straight - or if anyone out there can perhaps clarify any points
> that I've misinterpreted or add additional insights...

I'd drop the specific sub-nationalities, spreading each category over
all
member states of the FSE. My list would be:

Mistral Class Scoutships - Winds, especially colloquial terms; or

Athena Class Corvettes - Ancient godesses in general

Ibiza Class Frigates - Islands belonging to the FSE; includes the
Mururoa
and the Fuerteventura :-)

 San Miguel Class Destroyers - Catholic saints

 Suffren Class Light Cruisers - Admirals

 Milan Class Escort Cruisers - Naval cruisers (possibly pre-1900) (Yes,
there was a French Light Cruiser called 'Milan' in the late 19th
century...
not sure if it is famous enough to name space ships after, but many
navies
like to recycle old ship names).

 Jerez Class Heavy Cruisers - Cities or wine districts (Jerez is where
Sherry is, or at least is supposed to be, made...)

 Ypres Class Battlecruisers - Battlefields

 Roma Class Battleships - Capital cities (fits a lot better with their
size)

 Bonaparte Class Battledreadnoughts - Heads of states (so there'd be the
Hernando, the Isabella, Charles le Mal etc :-)

 Foch Class Superdreadnoughts - Marshals/Commanders in chief from any
FSE
member state

 Bologna Class Light Carriers - Cities

 Jeanne D'Arc Class Fleet Carriers - Famous heroes

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Confusion on Fighter costs Next: Re: FSE Ship Name Conventions