Prev: Re: Police Grav vans Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

RE: Obstacles, Part 2

From: John Skelly <canjns@c...>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 09:11:41 -0400
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

I have used both electrical and fuse.  I prefered the fuse over the
electrical.  There was always a moment of hesitation attaching the
blasting cap to the line wondering if there is a current going through
the line.  Cool thing about electrical is that it feels so much more
satisfying to press a button and blow something up!

There is a safety factor working with electrical.  Unless the wire is
sheilded, radio transmissions can induce a current in the wire.  I
actually saw this happen on an exercise.  Someone was walking around
with a remote control (to control popup targets), the signal coming from
the controller detonated a charge injuring a man.

The modern battlefield is full of radio transmissions I imagine a DS/SG
would have more (well, I shouldn't say that, could use lasers ;-)