Prev: FTSR Updated Next: Re: Police Grav vans

Re: Components of NAC CVL

From: Phillip Atcliffe <P-ATCLIFFE@w...>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 12:55:33 +0000
Subject: Re: Components of NAC CVL

Not all that long ago, I wrote:

>> I ask [about which components make up an NAC CVL] because it has
occured to me that, purely on a visual basis, there's a gap between the
BD and
the SD in the NAC fleet, and I had an idea of how to create a
"Dreadnought"
ship to bridge it. The ship would use components from the CVL and the
SD, but
I need to know what to order from Jon before I can make one! <<

To which Jon replied:

> I know what you are thinking - hull and bridge from SDN, engines from
CVL -
yes, it would make a nice DN.... <

Ah, great minds think alike... Give it a MASS of about 160-170 (that's
in FT3
terms for non-FB owners -- divide by 2.5 for a rough comparison to FT2
stats)
and it neatly slots into the gap between the BD and SD. Give me a little
while to
get used to the new design system, and I could come up with 3 or 4
different
weapons fits (depending on the number of fighters, p-torps and/or SMLs
carried).

I also note that the other powers have similar (or even _larger_) MASS
gaps
between these classes -- maybe this is a place for new minis some time
in the
future: FT x17 (say) -- Dreadnought class.

Oh well, I guess I know what's going to be part of my next order -- some
(long)
time in the future... and my son can use the bits left over to make
another of
those heavily-armed CVs that he likes (think Ark Royal, but with the
bridge
module replaced by a Valley Forge weapons boom -- looks mean. Almost as
mean as his 3-engined SD...)

Phil, rather broke after Salute
"I think... I think I am!	     |	  I think _I_ am:
 Therefore I am... I think..?"	     |	   Phil Atcliffe
   -- The Moody Blues		     |	(p-atclif@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: FTSR Updated Next: Re: Police Grav vans