Prev: Re: DS/SG Engineers Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

Re: Police Grav vans

From: NVDoyle <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:00:57 EDT
Subject: Re: Police Grav vans

Well, having a chance to do some research (3 bank robberies _this
morning_), I
can conclusively say that our police lights are red & blue, with yellow
&
white thrown in occasionally for good measure.	Y'know, we could have
used
some APSWs...

Actually, I was thinking of using MPs as the possibly-apocryphal KGB
'barrage
battalions', APSW/ATGM equipped troops whose job it is to convince
stragglers/retreating units that the enemy is less dangerous than they
are....

Something else to think about for SG2:	one of they suspects from a
robbery/murder today eluded a lot of cops for several hours.  They had
dogs,
IR, the works.	He was inside their perimeter (about 250m radius from
the
bank).	He was also up a tree.	Made me think of trying to find
dedicated,
trained snipers.  Hmmm.  Or, this could reflect more on the police than
the
suspect.  Oh, well.

Noah V. Doyle

Prev: Re: DS/SG Engineers Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2