Prev: RE: Dirtside Engineering Rules Next: Re: DS/SG Engineers

Re: Police Grav vans

From: Kristian Miller <travellerne@3...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:36:49 -0700
Subject: Re: Police Grav vans

John Atkinson wrote:
> of Police/security grav vehicles I'm not sure what to do with.  They
> another size-2 APC for two unarmored infantry elements would be so. .
> blase.  Any suggestions?
> it?  I'm assuming it does NOT come with free APSW (How many Mk 19s
> have YOU seen on police cars?),

John,

Do you have any military police in your unit yet?  I don't play SG or DS

so I don't know if this would work:

-Sure, they would fight as unarmored infantry with a personnel carrier.
Modern US MPs are well equipped infantry with HUMMVs.
-Give them command & control functions to allow extra movement for other
units and to help restore morale.  Modern MPs direct traffic in the rear
areas, get the troops to the front faster and control stragglers.
-Mk-19s on police cars?  Well, the US MPs almost got those 40mm
automatic grenade launchers on their HUMMVs.  They make good weapons to
defend against airdrops and to slow up breakthroughs into the rear area.

Kristian Miller

Prev: RE: Dirtside Engineering Rules Next: Re: DS/SG Engineers