Prev: Re: FLEET BOOK Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

Re: Police Grav vans

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:09:55 +0000
Subject: Re: Police Grav vans

>I got in an order of GZG stuff today, Dirtside minis, most of which I
>ordered on sheer whim.  Most of it is rather obvious what to do with
>(syntax sounds garbled, but it's 0007 in the morning over here, and
>I've spent 12 hours at work.  I'm getting fuzzy).  But there was a pack
>of Police/security grav vehicles I'm not sure what to do with.  They
>are fairly cute minis (how many minis do I own that I describe as
>'cute'?).  Translating them to Dirtside poses a few problems. Size-wise
>they could fit either size 2 or 3, but I'm leaning to 2.  But the rules
>are set up for military equipment, and at any rate just making it
>another size-2 APC for two unarmored infantry elements would be so. . .
>blase.  Any suggestions?  I'm given to understand that the mini is
>based on a 25mm resin kit used for Stargrunt?	How do those rules treat
>it?  I'm assuming it does NOT come with free APSW (How many Mk 19s have
>YOU seen on police cars?), and that Amnesty Intergalactic would frown
>upon equipping them with APFCs. . .
>
>John M. Atkinson

The little van you have is one of the old CMD Future Wars line, and is
actually NOT based on a 25mm mini - the police APC in the 25mm range is
wheeled one. How about, instead of the free APSW, assuming a non-lethal
riot-control weapon such as a gas grenade launcher, water cannon or
similar
- uses the same rules as an APSW but all it does is suppress and/or
force a
confidence check among civvies/rioters etc., not kill?
Just a few random musings, all untested of course.....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: FLEET BOOK Next: RE: Obstacles, Part 2