Prev: Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS Next: the FB

Components of NAC CVL -- and the FB

From: Phillip Atcliffe <P-ATCLIFFE@w...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:33:24 +0000
Subject: Components of NAC CVL -- and the FB

Jon could answer this one, but I thought I'd put it to the list so that
he could
spend his time on other things -- like shipping Fleet Books (I've _got_
mine!
Cackle, cackle, gibber, gibber...):

Just what components go to make up the NAC CVL mini? The CV consists of
an upper and lower hull, flight deck, two engine pods and the bridge
module, but
what about the CVL? From photos and drawings, I'm guessing that there's
an
upper and lower hull, plus the flight deck, but how are the engines
attached? Are
they separate pieces, or part of one of the hull pieces?

I ask because it has occured to me that, purely on a visual basis,
there's a gap
between the BD and the SD in the NAC fleet, and I had an idea of how to
create
a "Dreadnought" ship to bridge it. The ship would use components from
the CVL
and the SD, but I need to know what to order from Jon before I can make
one!

BTW, it's nearly a week since Salute, and I haven't seen a single post
regarding
the Fleet Book yet -- why? Are we lucky owners keeping quiet so as not
annoy our less fortunate friends elsewhere? If I have the time, and
people are
interested, I might pass on a few first impressions myself; suffice it
for now to
say that there are some big changes, but the game is still the FT that I
love.
Nice one, Jon, even if I do have to re-do my ship design spreadsheet...

Phil
"We gotta get out into Space,	     | A sentiment echoed by:
 If it's the last thing we ever do!" |	   Phil Atcliffe
   -- Return to the Forbidden Planet |	(p-atclif@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS Next: the FB