Prev: RE: Dirtside Engineering Rules Next: Re: Historical Basis for FT/DS/SG Forces (was Re: SV: X to GZG conversions)

RE: Obstacles, Part 2

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 21:38:51 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: Obstacles, Part 2

You wrote:

>I wouldn't set it up under fire either.  I was thinking more along the
>lines of having it set up prior to game start.  Say, as part of your
>withdrawal/defensive plan.

I'd have to say there's a bit of a problem here.  You aren't supposed
to do both sides at the same time, which means that you have to split
it between two turns.  Time to rig charges, move off to a safe
distance, blow it, come back, rig the other side, move off to a safe
distance, blow it, and double check.  Doing it all at once can cause
problems--say roll unit quality dice vs a 3? to do it right?

>I knew what you meant by Engineers being Combat engineers.  Assault
>Pioneers are infantry trained to do combat engineer tasks.  In the
>Canadian army there is one platoon for every infantry battalion.  It
>gives the bn cmd an engineer asset to be used at his/her discretion.

That's not a concept I'm familliar with, so I don't really know how
competent they'd be.  Institutional rivalry says I'm shocked they don't
blow themselves to shreds. . . :P

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: Dirtside Engineering Rules Next: Re: Historical Basis for FT/DS/SG Forces (was Re: SV: X to GZG conversions)