Prev: Slight Order Revision Next: Mailing List Archive...

Re: Con Report: NameThatCon St. Louis

From: "Cristobal A. Mera" <cam1614@u...>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:03:00 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Con Report: NameThatCon St. Louis

I'll have to jump in on the bandwagon and say how good Geo-hex is about
con support. Thanks to them i can actually brag to the other GM's about
what company is better!

so far i've only done two cons, but i must say support has always been
above and beyond what any other company provides. The first con i was
surprised at the sheer amount of stuff Geo-Hex sent me, but in the end i
actually gave all the minis away! (i started with four, and ended up
with
over ten!) .

About small cons, I can relate. My second game was at the largest con in
this area. Now, you have to understand that this con is actually a
sci-fi
con, with gaming on the side (never mind the fact that over 80% of the
attendees were gamers). Anyway, they ended putting me on at 9:00 am.
On top of that i had to compete with Heavy Gear, B-tech, Epic, 40k, plus
few other games scheduled for early in the morning. Needless to say
most did not make, only full thrust and epic did, and i only had four
players at that (at least the newby won).

Cris M.

> Thanks for the kind words about our Con support, but a good deal of
> the credit has to go to Tony Harrison our shipper.  I PROMISE but Tony

> DELIVERS!!  Tony has done an excellent job of setting con support for
> us over the last year.
>
> KR
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > NameThatCon 11: In-Con-Ceivable was held the weekend of April 18 in
St.