Prev: RE: FT Lite Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Re: FT Lite

From: dean.gundberg@b...
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 98 13:48:51 -0600
Subject: Re: FT Lite

 Including minis would be nice but I think they would price this type of

 product out of the introductory/impulse price range.  From what I have
seen
 in the US, miniature gaming is not as popular as board games so the
minis
 might not be a selling point and extra cost could hurt sales.	Though a
fleet
 of minis and the full rulebook could be the basis for a Deluxe Edition
;-)

 I envision the FT Lite product as just a booklet of basic rules priced
around
 US$5.	Ship construction and fighters would not be addressed (but it
would be
 said that they were in the full rules).  Weapons would be beam
batteries plus
 maybe 1 or 2 other weapons for a little diversity.  6-10 ship diagrams,

 frigate to battlecruiser, maybe a couple of different destroyers.  1
page of
 cardboard counters to cut out (full color would be nice if it fit the
cost).
 Then on the back cover, advertise the full rules and have a great
picture of
 some miniatures in the middle of a battle.  If there would be any
artwork in
 the booklet, pics of minis would also be appropriate to push the
introductory
 player towards miniatures.

 Hmmmmm.  It could come out just before 3rd edition of FT is released so
it
 would be a great introduction for the new players who would be able to
go
 directly to FT3 and then most of us old timers would pick it up as
another
 bridge to FT3.

 Dean

Prev: RE: FT Lite Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...