Prev: Re: Dirtside Engineering Rules Next: Re: Young FT players (was: Re: X to GZG conversions...)

Re: X to GZG conversions...

From: Mike.Elliott@b...
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:54:39 +0100
Subject: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Jon, I think something like "FT Lite" is a great idea, particularly
packaged with a few ships. A (long) while ago there was some discussion
on
such an idea on this list.

To all, BTW, since Jon and KR usually seem to respond to questions
quicker
than I can, I'll only comment if I can add something to the
conversation! I
am here and listening though.

Cheers, Mike

Ground Zero Games <jon@gzero.dungeon.com>
28/04/98 10:22

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Mike Elliott/UK/BULL)

>Absolutely! I once played with a couple of neighborhood kids, using
>Superior ships without bases, with circular template out of the FT II
book.
>I think they were 7 and 10.
>
>They each had heavy cruisers, me with a battlecruiser. They split, then
>closed in behind me. Trashed me good! (Ok, I wasn't trying THAT hard to
>manuever. ;->=)
>
>I look foreward to FT III with the possibility of mixing the more
complex
>'realistic' movement with simpler FTII movement arcs, just so those
needing
>the challenge can fly their way, while there'll be simpler rules for
those
>kids I want to include.
>
>We shall see if the dream will become real...
>
>The_Beast

I've been having some thoughts recently about a VERY stripped-down small
booklet of just the basic FT core rules (suitably updated), explained in
very simple terms especially for newcomers, young players and non-gamers
-
sort of "FT Lite".
Any opinions on this idea? Could even be sold as a package with a few
ship
minis!

Jon (GZG)