Prev: Re: Dirtside SLAMs Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...

Young FT players (was: Re: X to GZG conversions...)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:22:56 +0000
Subject: Young FT players (was: Re: X to GZG conversions...)

Andy wrote:
[snip]
>Hmmm.	Playing FT is so much simpler than playing DS or SG, in setup
and
>play.	I ought to play it more.  I wonder if my son (5 years old) could
>play this, if I let him move directly instead of writing orders.
>
>andy
>
>--
>Andy Skinner
>askinner@avs.com

Yes, I'm sure he could with a bit of help. One suggestion (which can
also
be used in any FT game if one player hates order writing) is to let the
adult player write orders as normal, then the youngster moves his ships
(without orders), then the adult moves his in accordance with orders
written. Keeps the game structure intact, and should work OK provided
you
are not using complications like fighters, missiles etc (which I assume
you
wouldn't with a young player anyway).

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Dirtside SLAMs Next: Re: X to GZG conversions...