Prev: Re: Tournament Fleet Wierdos Next: RE: X to GZG conversions...

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT)

From: Kyle Klingler <kklinglr@f...>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:06:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition(Semi OT)

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Samuel Penn wrote:

> In message <8858a8d8.3542bcf0@aol.com>
>	    Shld Wulf <ShldWulf@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > You said:
> >
> I seem to recall that the Planet Killers from greg Bear's
> _Anvil of Stars_ used a solar system as an ambush site. That
> did sort of involve anti-matter planets, and dropping large
> masses of neutronium into the primary star though to set off
> a supernova... (one situation where neutrinos become a practicle
> weapon of war!)

One the biggest weapons of mass destruction (pun intended) I've seen was
from the anime 3 part series Gunbuster.  The alien race which used suns
hatch its young greatly outnumbered the humans so the humans started
using
devices which created black holes to destroy their fleets.  The final
episode dealt with the humans converting the planet Jupiter into a black
hole bomb and taking the bomb into the heart of the alien race.  The
bomb
ended up destroying a large portion of the galaxy.  Talk about extremes.

The series is worth watching if you get a chance.  Note the series does
contain parody elements that you may not understand.

*  Kyle Klingler - kklinglr@freenet.columbus.oh.us		     *
* I'm not dumb.  I just have a command of thoroughly useless	     *
* information. - Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes			     *

Prev: Re: Tournament Fleet Wierdos Next: RE: X to GZG conversions...