Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

Re: Targeting Missiles

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:10:59 +0100
Subject: Re: Targeting Missiles

	The mates that I play FT with really don't have a problem with
batteries
not be able to shoot missiles which we all assumed were about the same
size
as a fighter. What we did do is allow ADAF's and PDAF's to attack any
target within their range. This allowed ships within 6" of each other
the
overlock their PDAF fire (like ADAF's in FT) and support each other as
well
as shoot missiles that zipped past them toward another ship, (makes the
PDAF's on your destroyer screen real useful).
	The side effect has been that this has rendered fighters almost
totally
inefective against capitals and tight flotillas. To give the fighters
something back we came up with (but have not tried):
	Wild Weasel Fighters
	+12 points per group
	Dogfighting hit on 6 only
	May attack ships from 9"
	Each hit is against an ADAF or PDAF directly.
	Each hit causes and ADAF or PDAF (one for each hit) to take a
threshold
test failing on 4,5,6
	No other damage done to target ship.

	Just a couple of ideas.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

At 13:32 23/04/98 -0600, you wrote:

> Just a philosophical thought here that some players might not like but
I'll