Prev: Re: Request (UK) Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:27:23 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

You wrote:

>Maybe, oh, a CV with 6 fighter groups... That's 18 sure kills on the
36, 30 if they're long-range fighters. And the CV should be able to
weather >6 missiles.

6 missles?  For the cost of a CV I can pick up a lot of these bastards.
 Like for the cost of a book Light Carrier, I can put 19 on the field.
And a thrust 8 ship can outrun fighters.

And no, a book Fleet Carrier cannot survive, even with 2 Escort
Cruisers next to it, 18 missles.  I've seen one try.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Request (UK) Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition