Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: Kravak ship handling was Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS

From: Kyle Klingler <kklinglr@f...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:02:12 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Anime Review: Armored Trooper VOTOMS

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Mark A. Siefert. wrote:

> was that naked girl in the tube? (Grrrowllll... Hold on!  I better get
> ahold of myself.  I'm getting hot over a cartoon character!")  Why is
> she so important?  What is going to happen?

I have to keep reminding myself of that also.  My friend and I have a
phrase for that: "She's not hot, she's nicely drawn."

> Japanese dialogue with subs.	Is it my imagination, or is anime better
> when it's subtitled instead of a having a new english dialogue dubbed
> in?

I too prefer sub to dub, but some of friend prefer dub so that they
don't
have to keep watching the screen through the whole show. (Some even do
other things while watching so they would rather be able to hear the
dialog.)  The trouble I've experienced with dubbing is that they don't
put
the same effort in to acting as the original production and hence seems
flatter.  That's not to say there haven't been any good dubs.  The best
I've heard was done for My Neighbor Totoro and Akira.

*  Kyle Klingler - kklinglr@freenet.columbus.oh.us		     *
* I'm not dumb.  I just have a command of thoroughly useless	     *
* information. - Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes			     *

Prev: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition Next: Kravak ship handling was Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition