Prev: Re: Salute '98 Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 22:04:08 +0000
Subject: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document

>On Wednesday, April 22, 1998 2:56 PM, Peter Mancini
>[SMTP:Peter_Mancini@onesource.com] wrote:
>> That sounds good.  I always laugh when I hear a planet described by
as
>> having a single environment like "Ice World" or "Desert World"!
>
>In the case of Europa though its true. But its a bit of a cliche I
admit.
>Looking
>at our own solar system though quite a few of the solid planetary
bodies
>seem to have a
>very pretty uniform environment. Mars - cold desert, The Moon - airless
>desert, Venus - hot C02
>inferno. Only good ol earth has decent environmental range.

Yes, but surely the point is that all of these except Earth are outside
the
life-zone of the sun, and therefore are not habitable without extensive
lifesupport and/or terraforming. I think that any "garden" world that is
habitable to humans without enviro support will by definition be
multi-environmental.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Salute '98 Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition