Prev: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document Next: Re: Salute '98

Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:16:15 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

You wrote:

>	The idea of all this was to get people to build balanced fleets
without >have to spell out too many points ratios or limits. "Swarm"
fleets are >totally acceptable.

Out of curiosity, what is the general feeling of the FT community
towards lunatics like myself who like swarm-style fleets?  At a recent
game I put 36 4-ton ships with one missle each as their only armament.
And that costs a mere 912 points, heh.	Out of a 6,000 point fleet[1].
All the other players whined a lot, but that's just because I waxed 2
capital ships, a cruiser and a frigate with no losses to myself--which
put them a bit at a disadvantage.  The discussion which ensued did
point out that modern wet-navies do operate on this basis.  See: PLAN,
et al.	8 Styx-class missles and then turn around and run to rearm.
And what would be an acceptable counter-response?  I can't think off
the top of my head what would be a good counter to this strategy.

John M. Atkinson

[1]Actually 5 people showed up, each with 2K points.  I pulled another
2K and teamed up with my brother to take on the other three players.

Prev: RE: Latest Nations/States/Organizations document Next: Re: Salute '98