Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

Nano-technology & resources

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:04:12 +0100
Subject: Nano-technology & resources

On Wednesday, April 22, 1998 11:58 AM, Jonathan white
[SMTP:jw4@bolton.ac.uk] wrote:
> >With the advent of nano-technology, duplication at the atomic
> >level will be pretty easy to accomplish, this has been touted
> >as one of the possible achievements by the 21st Century.

> Would make rather a mockery of any sort of campaign resources thing.
If
> your carrier gets zapped, just grow another. Still, I supose you would
> always recquire the base molecules for the nanites to work with.

If you have ever played 'Total Annihilation' by Cavedog?
It uses exactly that technology - the resources are energy
and metal use by the nanolathe to create units.

You have to husband those resources so it
adds to the strategic element. Also the time to build a big
unit is significant so you don't squander it.

Its the best real time SF strategy game ever BTW and far
too addictive to be healthy. Not quite DS2 but close enough
for the time being.

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!