Prev: RE: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: Salute '98

RE: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:57:44 +0100
Subject: RE: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

>With the advent of nano-technology, duplication at the atomic
>level will be pretty easy to accomplish, this has been touted
>as one of the possible achievements by the 21st Century.
Would make rather a mockery of any sort of campaign resources thing. If
your carrier gets zapped, just grow another. Still, I supose you would
always recquire the base molecules for the nanites to work with.

>Consider also using belligerent nanites being fired at the
>alien ships and destroying them at the atomic/molecular level.
Didn't someone sugges these as one of the alternative  Sa'Vasku weapons
while back? I have a feeling they would be like the chemical weapons of
today - the better powers wouldn't bother with the m as they would be
far
too tricky to contain, transport and deploy..

>On another track I'm not convinced a rail gun would actually
>be an effective long range space weapon compared to
>an energy weapon. even hyper-velocity is slow compared
>to C and space combat ranges.
Depends what %age of C you are getting your rounds up to. If your rounds
are going significantly quicker than their targets are it's not such a
problem.

			TTFN
				Jon

Prev: RE: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: Salute '98