Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition

Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 18:11:24 -0700
Subject: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!!

Deakin, Robert wrote:

> Tony, Tom & co.
>
> Given that you have a whole Kra'Vak ship intact, how long do you think
> it would take humans to identify and duplicate a component within the
> range of Kra'Vak technology?	Do you think our guys could easily
> identify components? Would you think in terms of months, years or
> decades?
>
> What priority do you think the UN etc. would put on each of the ships
> components (power, drives, weapons, armor, nav, blah blah blah)?
>
> Is there a precedent for complex system duplication in recent years.
> IRAQ's nuclear program? How would that compare with duplication of an
> ancient alien races metallurgy?
>
> Robert.
>
> >----------
...Big Snip...(JTL)

Components:
     With a complete undamaged ship for evaluation, the process
would still take years,

UN Priority:
0) Star charts and language.
1) Weapons
2) Armor
3) Crew High-G support equipment
4) All else seems to be at ot below the human norm. (FTL, Sub-light,
   sensors)

     The trick to duplication is not the analysis of the components/
materials, it is in the duplication of the processes that create
the components/materials in sufficient quanities and quality
to be useful to the war effort.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Kra'vak Railgun & Technology!!!! Next: Re: [?] Tournament Fleet Composition