Prev: Extra Boarding Parties Next: Re: *BOOM!!*

Re: Extra Boarding Parties

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:34:10 -0700
Subject: Re: Extra Boarding Parties

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> Michael A. Come <thorren@tiac.net> wrote:
>
> >Just on question has anybody written up rules for extra boarding
> parties
> >for Full Thrust?
>
> Several people have already responded to this one but I thought I'd
> give it a go as well...
>
> Extra Marines (the symbol I use is a circle with an anchor inside)
> Mass: 1 Points Cost: 3
> This system represents additional space given over to barracks and
> facilities for Marine boarding parties. The standard force of 1
> Boarding Factor (BF) per four damage points is retained without
> graphic notation on the ship's form. These additional Marines, 1 BF
> per symbol, are purchased for 1 Mass and 3 Points each, up to double
> the ship's original contingent. So a mass 32 cruiser could purchase a
> maximum of 4 additional BFs, which would be represented as 4 symbols
> on the ship's form.
>
> Notes: The mass is consistent with the berthing requirments from MT,
> but to be perfectly honest, I pulled the point cost out of thin air,
> so I don't know if it's properly balanced.
>
> Schoon

Schoon,
     I like the symbol, but I trust the top is tilted to the right
with a small globe inserted in the middle!  :-)
     The BP is a special purpose weapon and may only be used under
'special' circumstances.   The mass is the primary item here with
the cost of less importance.   I feel the one mass is correct and
the point cost a very good place to start, (adjust if necessary
after playtest). One can consider the BP as a kind of point defence
(with an imagination strech).

Good luck,
John L.

Prev: Extra Boarding Parties Next: Re: *BOOM!!*