Prev: Fighters and Fighter Screena Next: Re: StarFIST (slightly OT)

*BOOM!!*

From: Mike Wikan <MWikan@m...>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:05:24 -0700
Subject: *BOOM!!*

The mighty Kra'Vak have fallen!! At least in one instance... We had a
game with myself, John Fox, John Leary and a couple others from the
South Bay gamers. We had a 3:2 ratio force of Human to Kra'vak force
that through OUTRAGEOUS fortune went through the Kra'vak like poop
through a goose. My initial spearhead of six light cruisers (paired
Battle Rider/Tug engine Combos) fired nine pulse torpedoes in the second
range band (4+ to hit) at a Kra'Vak SDN. ALL NINE hit for THIRTY EIGHT
points of damage!!! Considering my general inability to hit a GAS GIANT
with a pulse torpedo, I was stunned beyond the capacity for rational
thought. The follow up beam fire finished their flagship and the rest of
the fleet massed fire on the rest of the Kra'Vak. The rest of the game
was a big running circle as the Kra'Vak wheeled round and round bringing
their fwd guns to bear while the rest of our forces hammered them with
beam and missile fire.
VERY interesting game!

Michael Wikan, Game Designer
Accolade, Inc.