Prev: Re: FT FLEET BOOK Next: Re: FTSB (was: Honor Harrington)

Re: Honor Harrington

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 08:36:31 -0700
Subject: Re: Honor Harrington

>Another good choice for getting a feel for Nelson's style of Navy in
>the far future is a series by David Fientuch or Feintuch (can't
>remember exact spelling) - They are about a young man who works his
>way through the ranks as an officer cadet up through being a captain.
>It is reminiscent of the books on Nelson. It gives a good flavour for
>Navy life and the powers of a Captain a sea (in space?).
>
>Challenger's Hope I think was the name of the first book in the
>series. The main character was Nicholas E. Seafort.
>
>Mind you, I didn't buy the very latest book in the series because I
>did kind of get tired of it. He should have stopped after three or
>four. But the first one especially is a great book, and the second
>one is good too.
>
>Tom.

David Feintuch.

Midshipman's Hope is the first one. The rest have "Xxxx Hope"
titles. They're sort of a "Horatio Hornblower in space", and not
nearly as good as the Honor Harrington series. I read them all,
but I don't plan to re-read them. (I've already re-read the
Harrington series twice.)

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: FT FLEET BOOK Next: Re: FTSB (was: Honor Harrington)