Prev: Re: Just wondering Next: Re: FAQ's in general

Re: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 23:37:30 -0400
Subject: Re: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

I don't know what the Evil Empire is upto.  I stopped buying thier
products years ago.

Most weapons are similar enough, and troop training mediocre enough that
you can get by with abstracting them into general catagories as in DS II
and SG II.  But I prefer a little more chrome.	My favorit game in this
genre is the old Avalon Hill game, Fire Power.	It's man on man with
modern (50's to the early 80's) weapons.  It works best as a three
player game, two sides playing double blind and one ump.  Weapons with
similar characteristics are clumped together on a single data line.
Note that there interesting difference between some weapons.  But only
in the closest games can the differences in weapons stats determine who
will win and lose.  What the different stats do, is to provide different
optimal tactics, etc.

IAS

Prev: Re: Just wondering Next: Re: FAQ's in general