Prev: Re: Back on topic, was Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What,nomessages?) Next: VMAP PBM PACK

Re: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:19:07 -0500
Subject: Re: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

I thought we covered this sorry subject already. I thought my '69
graduation date put me amongst the old-timers here, you young
whippersnappers(never DID figure out what that was supposed to mean...).
Please deliver the previous with an accent from Grandpa of the Real
McCoys(for those in the US of the proper 'vintage'.)

However, in an attempt to bring this somewhere near back to topic, and
answer a question on the periphery of my consciousness: how large a
difference in weopen characteristics and capabilities translates into a
noticable difference in game performance? In the evil empire, a new
weopen
creates whole new rules. While fun, some can be most difficult to
justify
compared to very similar items.

Doesn't come up often in my own favorite GZG system, FT II, but I'm
curious
about a discussion for SG II and Dirtside II.

The_Beast

Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney@ionet.net> on 04/16/98 09:24:05 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
> Aden Steinke wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > I must confess to being old enough to remember when the Bren was
> still in
> > service in Australia in reserve formations in .303 caliber (when I
> was in high
> > school in the 1970s)
>
> Ye gods, we're of the same vintage...
Some am I, but not the same vineyard...
--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com

Prev: Re: Back on topic, was Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What,nomessages?) Next: VMAP PBM PACK