Prev: Re: GZC WEST COAST CON Next: Re: What do FT/MT players use to represent missiles?

Re: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 01:23:23 GMT
Subject: Re: <ot>Bren Guns</ot>

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 22:49:20 +1000, Alan E & Carmel J Brain
<aebrain@dynamite.com.au> wrote:

>The Bren is also reliable, and easy to fix when it goes wrong
>(usually a gas stoppage).

And the Bren used the same ammunition as the Lee-Enfield .303 bolt
action
rifle. The Bren banana clip could fit in an Enfield (though it would be
a pain
to use, I'd imagine), and the Enfield's 5 round clip could fit in a Bren
(this
is all from memory; correct me if I'm wrong). This greatly eased British
small
arms ammunition logistics.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: GZC WEST COAST CON Next: Re: What do FT/MT players use to represent missiles?