Re: Dirtside II question

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:52:48 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: Re: Dirtside II question

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, R Allen wrote:

> I enjoy both Full Thrust and Stargrunt II.  But I can't get into the
> damage chits of Dirtside II.	Anybody come up with a die-based
solution?

So, did everyone else miss my posting a month or two back?

I did the bloody thing, you can download the stuff from

http://www.swob.dna.fi/mini/gzg/

ds-inf.html is infantry fire table (for all things that don't go boom)
ds.html is vehicle fire table (for things that do)
dsdam.zip is those two combined
ds.zip is the excel table everything's based on, including Excel
formatted result tables
ds-tab.zip is just the Excel result tables zipped

For those who bitch about transmission speed: You are free to
redistribute this provided relevant copyright sections are retained. I
will even email the stuff to ONE person if he puts it on a web page in
the states.

The system uses 1d100, and it's accurate within a +-1% error margin. The

full Excel works contain much more precise numbers, if you want to do a
1d1000 table or something.

There is nothing special there. You may check the math if you want,
though the draw combinations are a bit more than your average pocket
calculator can handle.

> Will Dirtside ever part with those #$!)% chits?

Probably not, given that they didn't already do it.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly