Prev: SV: OFF TOPIC was Re: French Fries - A Weighty Subject Next: Re: Stargrunt Close Combat

RE: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 00:26:28 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: RE: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> The Scandinavian Fed is new to the timeline - we have never detailed
> anything about the Scandinavian countries, but wanted to do some
troops in
> arctic combat kit and decided to introduce them. They'll have to be
covered
> in a future publication. For the moment, I would place them as a minor
> power with both on- and off-earth holdings. The SF will consist of
Sweden,
> Denmark, Norway, probably Finland (Hi, Mikko!!) and possibly Iceland,
plus
> a number of small inner colony and outworld settlements.

Having Finland as part of the Scandinavian Federation is plausible, but
it won't be a seamless fit. No common language, a history of 700 years
of
oppression...

Finland also has the highest population density up north (even Reykjavik

is roughly on the same latitude as Helsinki, and 99% of Finland is north

of that). I think I read somewhere that 25% of the world's population
loony enough to live this far North are Finns (compared to about 0.1% of

total population).

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: SV: OFF TOPIC was Re: French Fries - A Weighty Subject Next: Re: Stargrunt Close Combat