Prev: Re: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust Next: OFF TOPIC was Re: French Fries - A Weighty Subject

Nations, States and Organizations

From: "Peter Mancini" <Peter_Mancini@o...>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 18:52:59 -0400
Subject: Nations, States and Organizations

OK, well it basically killed my lunch hour writing this and my wife is
probably wondering why I am late for dinner (and yes she will suspect it
has to do with gaming), but here is a document in the spirit of the CIA
World Fact Book. It is in HTML format since I believe we can all read
that.
I did the original in Microsoft Word 97. A lot of this became tongue in
cheek when I ran out of serious things to say. Perhaps we can make this
group effort and fill in the holes that I initially filled in with
jokes.
Who knows, if this gets to be detailed enough perhaps it can be used as
"serious" tool for designing scenarios and picking fights.

The format divides the nationalities into Super Powers, Major Powers and
Minor Powers. It then lists the nations in no particular order. Each
nation
then has a timeline written for them. I basically took the given
timeline
in FT and SG and for the most part expanded on each item. In some cases
did it from the point of view of the nation (ie, the ESU speaks of NAC
aggression...)

I actually feel closer to the background information now. I think it is
easily one of the most complex backgrounds for any game I've ever
played.

I go up to 2182 and not 2183 because that is the year of the Xeno War
and I
want to use the document to figure out just exactly where everyone is
just
before the "Big Boom Cometh."

To think this all started because I wanted to write a small merc
campaign...

(See attached file: nsogzg.zip)

Prev: Re: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust Next: OFF TOPIC was Re: French Fries - A Weighty Subject