Prev: RE: Dieppe Next: RE: Dieppe

Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust

From: "Peter Mancini" <Peter_Mancini@o...>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 14:42:17 -0400
Subject: Nations, States, and Organizations in Full Thrust

OK, I just did an intense reading of the FT Universe Histories.  I made
the
mistake of starting with Stargrunt II. The problem was, several names
and
abbreviations are dropped but not explained earlier. After cross
checking
in FT and MFT I found what I was looking for.  Here then, for the
benefit
of everyone is a break down of all the major and minor players in the
Core
Systems and the Inner and Outer colonies. Please offer corrections and
fix
omissions as necessary. Note: I was being kind by placing the PAU in the
Major Powers category. Given that Africa now comprises about 2% of the
World's economy it is a hope that in the future African nations have
advanced themselves and outlived the legacy of colonial conquest.

Superpowers:
New Anglican Confederation (NAC) - Nation
Eurasian Solar Union (ESU) - Nation
United Nations (UN) - Organization

Major Powers:
New Swabian League (NSL) - Nation
Federal States Europa (FSE) - Nation
Pan African Union (PAU) - Nation

Minor Powers:
New Israel (NI) - Nation
Islamic Federation (IF) - Nation
League of Latin American Republics - Organization
Romanov Hegemony - Nation
Free Cal-Tex (FCT) - Nation ("hey, what are you puttin' us down here in
the
'Minor' powers fer?")

(conjecture) Mercenaries All powers, with the exception of the
Superpowers,
sponsor mercenaries. Many mercenaries are citizens of the NAC or ESU and
have training from the respective militaries even though those states do
not sponsor them. They are sponsored as private ventures.

So I now know who the players are and now I can create my scenario.
Plenty
of room for twisty plots and layers of betrayal and back stabbing - my
kind
of Universe! I write a second article about the plot line for the
campaign.

--Pete

Prev: RE: Dieppe Next: RE: Dieppe