Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Re: What, no messages?)

Re: Traveller Starships

From: SGibson260 <SGibson260@a...>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 21:06:33 EDT
Subject: Re: Traveller Starships

<<  In SD, this ship is a Javelin Gunboat. The module is "Universal
 > Nightwatch". Nice models, too - they don't look as "fighter-ish" as
some
 > other SD ships.

 yes it is the Javelin and I agree, they don't resemble the rest of the
 Silent Death ships.

There is a new escort class ship for the Silent Death line called the
Kali.
It makes a great Battleship or Dreadnought.  It is more boxy than
streamlined,
and has two ?vanes? attached to each the side that are maybe 1x8 and
tapered,
and go up and down, and the figure barely fits in the blister.	I'm
getting
three for my FT fleet.

As far as the Nightwatch ships go.  The ships were made by RAFM for
Traveller
and released as a series (IIRC) just before GDW went out of business.
Then
the designs were repackaged as Silent Death ships, and sold in smaller
quantities (3 per pack compared to 5.  Still a decent price.)  The ones
remember were:

Old Traveller Name		    New Silent Death Name
Darian Patrol Cruiser		    Javelin Gunboat
Aslan Quarantine Shuttle	 Hornet
Cuspid Class Gunboat		 Firebat
Fang Class Gunboat		  Rattler
???					    Equalizer
???					    Praying Mantis

Hope this helps,
Steve Gibson

Prev: Re: Ship Naming Convention (was: RE: What, no messages?) Next: Re: What, no messages?)